The Thais know how to do shopping malls and at the top of these skyscrapers, you’ll nearly always find a cinema to match the standard. You can see a film for just a couple of hundred baht, or alternatively go for for one of the more high-end options. Tate was visiting us from England, so we splashed out on two tickets to the fancy Bangkok Airways cinema, at the top of Siam Paragon.
1. The ground floor is called the 1st, and the 1st floor is called the 2nd
2. When speaking any Thai words, tone of voice is everything – it can change a word from meaning dog to horse!
3. Most restaurants add VAT and service charge onto all list prices
4. The bread is sweet, and the toothpaste is salty
5. The women look ten years younger than they really are, or ten years older
6. Motorcycle-taxis are the only way to travel on the roads at 5pm, the city traffic completely grinds to a halt